We teed off shortly after one PM.
If you scored a par – you gave a stroke to the other team – birdie was two points.
We have been handicapped this way for the last few times and it gets really close!
But we also have laughed – shots – and some good golf and not-so-good golf!
What a great way to end up the long weekend get-together.
The end of the first nine – TIED!
You have to play very well to just tie them!
The second nine – we played really well – boogie first hole – then six pars and two birdies!
Well – we tied the first nine and shot a 35 the second nine –
and won the whole scramble by ONE STROKE!
They are good and we had to shoot as good to beat them.
Thanks for reading Papa’s World – Last Day Scramble Oak Island Golf – Gals vs Guys!
We moved to Ocean Isle Beach for the weather – while it does get cold – so far no snow or ice!
At night it has gotten down into the high twenties and low thirties.
But the rest of the South – Florida included – has also gotten that cold wave.
I look outside and I see GREEN!
It was a calm 75 degrees on New Years Day!
We were once again doing a scramble – guys vs. gals.
It was decided they would get two strokes per side.
We tied the front nine with them – 40 to 42 – and while the front nine was longer – the back nine was shorter and harder.
The second nine we shot a 42 – and they did not do as well – we ended up beating them.
But – the weather was great – the course lush and green – the greens were fantastic.
Golfing with best friends on New Years Day just 6 miles from our home at Meadowlands.
We moved South – 6 to 8 hours away – just enough for warmer winters – golfing year-round –
Family can visit only a day’s ride away.
And our best friends are near here.
Thanks for reading Papa’s World – my site: livinglifedoingitmyway.blog my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine and Steve – Cindy and Buck and Sherry and I – all met here at the golf course!
It would be a friends scramble – Gals vs. Guys – and of course the rules have to be laid out!
They are just so good that it is tough to just tie them!
But Cindy is always after more strokes! LOL
RULES OF PLAY:
- They play the ladies tee box – anywhere from 30 to 110 yards advantage!
- ( they all hit it 150 to 175 yards! Add on the advantage and you can see how far we have to hit)
- Steve and I hit from the seniors – he is I think 63 or 64 – I am 72.
- They really contested that because he can hit it long – but it also goes way left or right!
- We would have to use one drive front nine and back nine from each of us!
- That nulifies his long drives – and we pretty much were even in what drive we took.
- Par threes took out any long drive he might of had for four holes.
- Buck – who has a handicap – hits from the lady tees!
- The Gals will get two extra putts on the front nine and the back nine! ( keep this in mind)
After much back and forth with them trying to get more than what was fair – we were ready to start!
Situated between Oak Island and Holden beach N.C. – on the marsh land – a beautiful course!
Thank you for reading Papa’s World – my site: livinglifedoingitmyway.blog fitztdf@fitztdf
PS. Go back and look at the rules – remember the four EXTRA PUTTS!